Saturday 25 February 2012

Lemon Drizzle Traybake


I happened to stumble across another baking blogger challenge this week and it happened to tie in to exactly what I wanted to bake. Handy. The challenge is held by two different bloggers each month this month's blog host is The more than occasional blogger. 

This month's letter is 'L' and my chosen bake last weekend was a Lemon Drizzle Traybake.



This is the first time I have ever made a lemon drizzle sponge. It was really easy. I used the recipe from Mary Berry's 100 Cakes and Bakes, my tray is a little larger than the one recommended in the recipe... but I do seem to struggle to find some of the tins suggested in the book.

You can also find the recipe here... http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/534232

Even before the cake was baked I was lapping it up from the bowl, one of the most delicious cake mixes I've ever tasted.

The 'drizzle' made a little bit of a mess and you need to drizzle it over whilst the cake is still warm, it is incredibly running and sticky! Table cloth needed washing afterwards!

The tasters (family, friends and co-workers) said it was amazing and went down great with a cup of tea or Mocha in one person's case! It was a quick bake and big pleaser so great for events or parties when you need something quick and tasty!






1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love lemon drizzle and Mary Berry's is the best I've tried yet.

    ReplyDelete